SONOMA COUNTY IN A GLASS®
Kenwood Vineyards “Go-to” Sonoma Contest 2012 (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must be twenty-five (25) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. at the time of entry. Contest void in California and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
By participating in this contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
1. Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by F. Korbel & Bros., Inc. c/o Heck Estates, 13250 River Road, Guerneville, CA 95466 (“Sponsor”).
2. Entry Period: Contest begins May 15, 2012 at 12:01 ET. All entries must be received before midnight ET on July 15, 2012. After the July 15 deadline, the Contest will be closed to further submissions.
3. How to enter: To submit your entry, complete and transmit the on-screen entry form at www.kenwoodvineyards.com/gotocontest, including your first and last name, mailing address, email address and date of birth, before midnight ET of July 15, 2012. Entrants must submit a statement as to why Kenwood Vineyards are their “go to” wines (1000 characters or less including spaces and punctuation) and may upload an optional picture of what Sonoma wine country means to them. Entrants’ photos need to be provided as jpgs , gif, jpg, tif and be no greater than 2MB. Any person included in photograph submissions must be twenty-five (25) years of age or older at the time the photo was taken. Limit one entry per person.
Sponsor reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice. No mechanically reproduced entries will be eligible, nor will your entry be eligible if it is lost, late, illegible, misaddressed or otherwise misdirected. Electronic entries that are misdirected, illegible, or not received due to technical malfunction will not be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and/or Kenwood Vineyards.
4. Winner Selection; Judging Criteria: All entries will be reviewed by Kenwood Vineyards/Heck Estates. Entrants will be judged on the quality and originality of the entry. Kenwood Vineyards will choose eight (8) finalists whose entries will be posted on the promotional website: www.kenwoodvineards.com/gotocontest. Kenwood Vineyards will select one Grand Prize Winner from among the eight (8) finalists on or before July 20, 2012. The eight (8) finalists and one (1) Grand Prize winner will be notified by Sponsor on or before July 22, 2012.
5. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are twenty-five (25) years of age or older at the time of entry. Contest void in California and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Kenwood Vineyards, F. Korbel Bros., Inc. Heck Estates, Korbel California Champagne, Brown-Forman, their affiliates, liquor wholesale licensees, retailers, as well as advertising/promotion agencies and their immediate family members and household members of each are not eligible. Entrants may not be employed by, or otherwise connected to, any alcohol beverage licensee. This promotion is void wherever prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
6. Prizes: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner and eight (8) finalists selected on or before July 20, 2012 from among the eligible entries submitted during the contest period.
Finalist Prizes: A finalist prize consists of a deluxe picnic backpack valued at approximately $50. Finalists will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone on or before July 22, 2012 and will be instructed how to claim the prize. Finalist’s prizes must be claimed by October 1, 2012 or he/she may forfeit the prize and an alternate finalist will not be selected.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize package includes trip for winner and 1 guest to Sonoma County, California for 4 days and 3 nights, round-trip coach airfare from the commercial airport closest to winner’s home to San Francisco, CA, lodging (one standard room, double occupancy, at a hotel of Sponsor’s choice) , VIP Tour of winery, 3 meals per day, fees for select Sonoma county activities (to be specified by sponsor), daily car service to and from specified activities, and transportation to and from the airport in San Francisco. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. Estimated value at $8,000. Winner and guest must travel together, and the trip must be taken by December 31, 2012. All traveling companions must be twenty-five (25) years of age or older at the time of travel and will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release form. If winner cannot travel before December 31, 2012, then he/she may forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the trip not specified herein. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability, and Sponsor’s approval. Winner assumes the risk of any inherent or unforeseen dangers associated with travel.
All federal, state, and local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). No substitution, cash redemption or transfer or prizes permitted without Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If the prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Conditions of Participation; Limitation of Liability: Entrants agree that by submitting their entry they release the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, including advertising, promotion and prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) from any and all liability in connection with their computer equipment/software, their acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes, or participation in the Contest in general. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in this promotion.
Entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in this Contest, entrants irrevocably grant Sponsor and the Sponsor Entities the non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, transferable and sublicensable rights to use, reproduce, display, exhibit, publish, distribute, modify, adapt, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit the statements and photographs submitted in this Contest, in whole or in part, in all media now known or hereafter devised, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, merchandising and other businesses of Sponsor Entities without notice or compensation to you.
8. Claiming Prizes/ Releases: On or about July 22, 2011 the eight finalists and Grand Prize winner will be notified either by mail, email or by phone and will be instructed how to claim the prize. The GRAND PRIZE winner will be required to claim his or her prize within 10 days of notification by signing and returning to the address stated in the notification an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. The winner's guest must also complete the affidavit and release forms before date of trip. If the winner and guest's Affidavits and Releases are not returned within 10 days of notification, the Grand Prize winner will have waived any claim to the prize.
By accepting a prize, any winner: (a) releases Kenwood Vineyards/Heck Estates, the Sponsored Entities and licensed alcohol wholesalers and retailers from any/all liability claims, action or proceedings arising out of or for injuries or damages sustained while involved in any promotion activity or connection with the use of the prizes; as well as (b) permits Sponsor, and the Sponsor Entities to use his or her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winner’s list without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
Sponsor and participating promotional companies are not in any way liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from computer malfunctions, misdirected or incomplete entries or acceptance and use of the prize. Kenwood Vineyards/Heck Estates reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel terminate or suspend the contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such attempt.
9. Winner’s List: For a list of prize winners, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to:
Kenwood Go-To Winners List
13250 River Rd.
Guerneville, CA 95446
Do NOT send entries to this address.
10. Applicable Law. This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflicts of law principles.