Aug 16, 2018
Hike The Wild: California Edition
This beautiful state holds the map to some of the most amazing hikes and adventures in all of America. As an ode to The Golden State, we’ve decided to round up some of the most beautiful places to hike here. Just think of this as your guide to California with a Kenwood twist. That way, when you visit us in Sonoma, you can continue your journey and travel to all our favorite spots.
1. Lost Palms Oasis in Joshua Tree National Park: Known for its unique rock formations, Joshua tree is a must on our list. This extremely photographable spot can appeal to both rock climbers and hikers alike. The Lost Palms Oasis isn’t easy to get to, but with gorgeous views it’s well worth the trek. Catch a glimpse of the Salton Sea and the only bank of fan palm trees in the park once you reach the end of the hike.
2. Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park: The home to some of the most epic sequoia trees. Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park is a great place to bask in the glory of these giant evergreens. After climbing a stone stairway of 350 steps, Moro Rock gives you a great view of the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the east and the San Joaquin Valley to the west.
3. Golden Canyon in Death Valley National Park: Death Valley is one of the most distinctive terrains in all of California. Here you can catch a glimpse of many unique geologic features including craters, ruins and sand dunes.
4. Mist Trail, Yosemite National Park: These stunning trails found in Yosemite National Park, which is a must see in itself. With views too spectacular for words along the entire trail, you won’t want it to end. Not to mention multiple waterfalls along the way.
5. Fern Canyon, Redwoods State Park: Northern California is known for its lush green forests and massive redwood trees, and you won’t find them anywhere else quite like Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. Although it can get a bit crowded, the park remains mostly untouched with views in every direction.
Now get out there and enjoy the great outdoors! Just don’t forget to stay prepared with all of the essentials. Head to this article in case you need to know what to pack! If you haven’t guessed it, our favorite item to bring along is a bottle of Kenwood.